Activity: Word of the Week
Sentence strips or cards to write the word of the week
Let’s Get Started:
1. A good way to increase vocabulary in young children is to choose a "Word of the Week." A word should be chosen that may be unfamiliar to many of the children.
2. Write the word on a card or sentence strip while the children watch.
3. Have the children say the word.
4. Post the word in a place where it can be noticed often during the week.
5. Throughout the next few days, revisit the word asking the children the meaning.
Colorations® Color Permanent Markers - Set of 12
White Sentence Strips - Pack of 100