Activity: Recharge Your Battery
A small vehicle or flashlight that uses a battery
The food pyramid chart
Plastic food representing healthy and unhealthy foods
Let’s Get Started:
1. Show the children the vehicle (or flashlight) that is used and how it works.
2. Remove the battery from the item. Show the children that now it does not work because it does not have any energy to make it work.
3. Explain that our bodies are very similar to the vehicle. If we don’t put healthy food in our body, it will act like the battery has been removed and we will have no energy.
4. Using the food pyramid and the plastic food, show the children healthy and unhealthy foods and help them determine in which group each food would belong.
5. Encourage the children to make good choices to keep their batteries charged.
Build A Healthy Plate - 28 Pieces
Life-Sized Fruit & Veggies - 38 Pieces
My Pyramid Food Banner with 30 Foods
Food Group Sorting Set