Activity: Look for the Danger
A magnifying glass for each child
Paper and crayons for each child
A lapboard for each child (optional)
Let’s Get Started:
1. Play a game of “Look for the Danger” in the classroom.
2. Give each child a magnifying glass, paper and crayons (it may be helpful for the children to have lapboards to use with the paper and crayons).
3. Have the child individually or with a partner find anything in the classroom that could be potentially dangerous. Tell the children to use the magnifying glass to look over everything carefully. (For example: an electrical outlet, scissors, pencils, items on the floor, etc.)
4. When the child finds something potentially dangerous, he should draw it on his paper with a crayon.
5. Have the children report their findings to the group. Have the group decide how the danger can be avoided with these items in the room.
Super Magnifier - Set of 6
White Sulphite Paper - 500 Sheets