Activity: What Sounds Do You Hear?
Word cards for the teacher (optional)
Let’s Get Started:
1. The teacher may wish to have word cards to keep the activity moving smoothly.
2. State a one-syllable word, such as, "hop."
3. Have the child identify the sounds that make up the word, "hop." (Answer: /h/-/o/-/p/.
4. When the child is familiar with the activity, move on to multi-syllable words.
5. The important aspect of this activity is for the child to be able to identify each sound heard in a word.
NOTE: Remember, this activity is an oral activity that is concentrating on the sounds heard in words. This activity is not for identifying letters of the alphabet in the word.
Classroom Labeling Cards
Rhyming Go Fish Cards - Set of 106